Sep. 17th, 2017 09:45 pm
I haven't had spare energy for a lot of things lately, in particular for blogging. I've a short term contract, in which I'm attempting to debug some code, which is going somewhat slowly (the first bit was a trivially short piece of code that turned out to have a single wrong command buried in it, but it took some sorting out how that command differed from what it ought have been). Other than that, over the weekend (including Friday night) I
- Briefly went to work Friday drinks; I think I know everyone's names...
- Friday dinner at Han's cafe; stupidly ended up ordering a fish dish that came battered. Ate it anyway; stomach sore Saturday, but no emotional meltdown. Will continue minimising gluten, but nice to know that a slip up isn't always a disaster.
- Went to see Totoro on the big screen at Innaloo on Friday night (with artisanat and friend S)
- Slept in Saturday, because youngest was in Sydney, and thus did not have training*
- Went to dance, despite really not wanting to. Entire class was focused on how to push one's heel forward correctly (battement tendu, battement long, fondu, some other things I've forgotten). Hips are Very! Sore! today. Turns out that I have sufficient flexibility in my toes that 'tuck your little toes under' is a cheat for me, so that I don't actually stretch where I should -- everyone else has to stretch to do that.
- Crafternoon. Finished the border on a blanket that has been abandoned for some time (crochet, all the pink variegated yarns). Sewed in the ends. Now it just needs blocking. Watched the first episode of Outlander, because I had it queued up and ready to go when ariaflame arrived, and they were happy to watch as well.
- Attended the evening part of a friend's 40th birthday festivities; cocktail bar, I am the kind of person who drinks scotch and dry when cocktails are on offer.
- Went to a marriage equality rally**. Am very quietly grumpy at all the people calling it 'same sex marriage'. Went and was nice to one of the people standing at the side wearing t-shirts saying something like 'Libs and Nats for marriage equality', to make sure that they got positive feedback for being at an event where they could well be a long way off the political beliefs of the majority
- Met up with a number of people at said rally; six of us went in to Claisebrook for lunch. Tasty lunch, although not convinced that either of the options were good for me. All were gluten free though (and the pasta was v. nice; risotto was a bit richer than I was expecting).
- Came home, lay down, failed to achieve anything. I have to go to work tomorrow, but ow, I really really don't want to. Hurts a lot.
* team came fourth of seven; youngest got to very briefly catch up with a few family members, and delivered some gifts that have been mooching around the house since last December
** with artisanat and middlest. Eldest was fast asleep and grunted at the idea of getting out of the house to make it in to the city for 10am